Saturday, October 4, 2008

Julia Layman Shupe said...

Aunt Nadine:This is the sweetest, most caring, understanding, and one of my favorite last two aunts I have left.She is one of the most wonderful spirts that God let out of heaven to bless each and every life she touched. All who knew her knew her by name, my Uncle Tom called her Nora, and it wasn't until I was 6 or 7 that I knew this was her first name, I always thought it was a pet name, silly me. But she was always on the go, helping others with no thought of her self.My mother always went to her house on Wednesday to work on her painting skills.

But one of the things I remember most is there was always a Christmas present for every one in the family , and our family was very large. My favorite present was a plate that read, (The road to a friends house is never long, and the road to family is even shorter). I looked for approval in my Uncle Tom and my Aunt Nadine eyes because they were my Hero's but there was no need they loved me no matter what, unconditional love means just that.

I will miss her greatly, I miss my Grandmother most because she was so much like Aunt Nadine, that others were always put ahead of their wants and needs. My Grandmother took care of me my 2nd grade year when I was bed fast and would try to wonder what Heaven looked like and what God had planed for us on the final phase, now she and Grandmother, and Uncle Tom are all together again singing with the Angles. I just hope that in the end I am loved, Remembered and blessed as much as she is.

Good bye for now but not for long, because when the roll is called up yonder I want to be there with each and every one that has been loved my me and has gone on before. Your loving Niece Julia

No comments: