Tuesday, November 11, 2008

a Voice from the Grave

In packing up my belongings in preparation for my new job I ran across this voice from the grave today, and it made me smile, warmed my heart, and reminded me just how much I am loved.

My Granny had a special "thing" she liked to do ~ she liked to decoupage important documents to plaques. She did this with my Bachelors diploma, in 1992. It has been hanging on my wall at work ever since.

Today when I took it down to pack it for the move I flipped it over and saw this, as for the first time. I know I had to know it was there, but had totally forgotten her inscription from David Frost.
Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
I like to think I have lived that way, always doing what I love and believe in. It's definitely led to a happier and healthier life. And - big bonus - since what i love and believe in is also what God loves and believes in, and because I am spending each day working within my giftedness, it's a blessed effort.
Yes, the pay could be better, but I am a happy person. We are a happy family. I am a successful person. We are a successful family. We are natural and real. We do what we love and believe in and are successful and blessed because of it.
Thank you God for those special voices from the grave today; my Granny's and Yours.
What a great day.

No comments: